Our classes explore many different concepts and themes throughout their year together. While at preschool the children participate in circle time, center activities, art, sensory experiences, fine/gross motor challenges, literacy, math, science, music and outdoor play. All of our children participate in our Kindermusik program once a week taught by Licensed Kindermusik Educator Gina Terry. Our 4 year old children participate in a weekly chapel time with West Pitts, Director of Christian Education, as part of our curriculum.
Our preschool program provides opportunities for a variety of experiences through which your child:
- Makes progress toward better social adjustments
- Learns to give and take and to assume responsibilities in a group
- Develops manipulative skills and acceptable work habits
- Learns to listen and follow directions
- Grows in their ability to think for themselves, communicate verbally, and to express themselves freely through music and art activities
- Learns to respect others, their rights, and property
- Strengthens the foundation upon which is built a storehouse of understanding, skills, and attitudes throughout his/her school experience
- Grows in their understanding and appreciation for God's love
Letterland is a phonics-based approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling. It will be used on an age appropriate level in all classrooms. It's a fun child-centered approach to learning letters and sounds that further helps prepare your child for kindergarten. Letterland is currently used in grades K-2 in most schools in the area, so experiencing it in preschool helps your child prepare for the transition to elementary school.
We are very proud to include Kindermusik as part of our preschool program. Taught by Kindermusik Educator Gina Terry, Kindermusik is an early childhood curriculum that uses music and movement as a FUN and engaging way for children to develop and grow. Every child in our preschool will participate in weekly classes that are especially designed for his/her age to promote learning across all domains, and stimulate school readiness. With each new theme, your family will receive free access to Kindermusik online with parent information and ways to enjoy extending the playful, musical experiences together.
For questions regarding your child's Kindermusik schedule, or accessing Kindermusik online, please speak with your child's classroom teacher or Miss Gina.